Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Youtube Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Linkedin Australian Top 100 Blogs

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Building a P.C (Basic Guide)

Building a P.C (Basic Guide)

I have wanted to build a new computer for a few years now, my old windows laptop finally stopped working so we had a look at the laptops and you did not get much for you money so i decided to build a computer. I spent a few weeks doing research into what i should get and how much i should spend. I could spend as little as $400 for a very basic computer or about $700  for a decent one that should last me about 5 years( but can be upgraded easily).

So these are the parts i decided on and prices.
CPU Intel Core i3 4160, 3.6GHz, 3MB Cache, LGA1150 CPU $149
Motherboard Asus H81M-E Micro-ATX Motherboard LGA1150 $60
Ram Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Low Profile Vengeance - Black (CML8GX3M2A1600C9) $115
Hard drive Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive MZ-7TE120BW $90
graphic card Asus GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card $175 
2 TB  Sata 3 hard drive $99

 


I got a decent graphics card because it will allow me to use 2 screens at once and fast enough to edit big files ( and watch movies with amazing quality). If you wont do that then you don't need to buy one you can use the inbuilt card. I was also given a power supply and a screen.

 



I have had this computer case for about 15 years and i refuse to get rid of it as it has sentimental value .(and i am cheap :P) I't needed a really good clean so i used the leaf blower to help.

Step 1. Take the case, open it and take out everything.
I took photos just in case i needed to refer to it later ( i didn't need too)


Step 2. The Motherboard comes with a metal strip that slides into the back piece of the case to cover the ports, so it goes from the inside and just clips in.


Step 3. Take the power supply and it can only fit in the spot where the original came out from.


Step 4. Take the Motherboard and the Processor, The Processor can only go in one way. So there is a little lever that slides away from the unit and lifts up, you take out the display unit and insert the new Processor and close it.


Step 5. Now the fan sits on the Processor and screws down. There is a spot at the top of the Motherboard that says CPU FAN and the power connects in there.


Step 6. Take the ram out of the box and there are little clips that open out. The ram can only fit in one way so you don't need to force it. When you push it in, it will click and the clips will lift up automatically and hold it in place.


Step 7. Take the motherboard and place it in the case and make sure it sits far enough forward into the USB port metal strip. Then connect the power lead from the power supply to the allocated spots


Step 8.  Take the Graphics card and slot it in the card slot. Make sure it clicks in properly.  Connect the power lead from the power supply to the graphics card 


Step 9. Connect the power lead to the Sata hard drive. The sata lead connects in the bottom of the motherboard.


Step 10. There are little connectors for the power and reset and they go in the bottom right corner of the mother board but the manual tells you exactly where. ( My friend did that part for me as i could not see the small writing)

Plug in the power and the screen, connect the keyboard and mouse. I had a usb with an operating system. Turn it on and if it is connected right it will start up and windows will load straight away.

I hope this helps you if not you can laugh at my old case/
It took me a few hours to do as i have not built a computer in about 10 years and it is much easier to do now

I really need to organise my office.
Leave a comment.
Kind E-Gards
Dale Stewart

2 comments :

  1. Impressive! I've always liked electronics. Computers are now both more and less complicated, because the hardware is more advanced but their modularity makes them easier to assemble. This is quite a feat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy a challenge and it is easier to do my blog now i am not using my t.v as a screen. More productive and less painful for my neck

      Delete