Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Youtube Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Linkedin Australian Top 100 Blogs

Sunday 24 January 2016

Five Days After Operation

Five Days After Operation

It has been a hard few days since my operation, but this is how my week has been so far. Sunday night i had to fast so i ate as much as i could until 12am and tried to sleep as much as i could. We left here at 10am and got to the hospital at 10:45am to do paperwork. You have 3 options with Healthcare here 
(a) Public Health so you pay nothing and usually get the registra being supervised by the Doctor 
(b) Private Health so the government pays for nothing and you pay for everything.
(c) Private in a public health. You get most of the perks of being private and don't pay for anything

After i did my paperwork and got dressed in my gown I sat in bed and waited for the operation.  At about 12;30pm they took me into the operating theatre and did the surgery.  They woke me up at about 4pm and i waited in recovery for about an hour then I was moved up to the ward. Kim came around and so did some other friends and i was really excited to see them. I sucked on ice and drank cold water. Tuesday morning i tried to eat fruit pieces but it's really hard when you can't swallow. I managed to eat a soggy wheatbix and ice cream or yoghurt. Still not sleeping much either sleep for 2 hours then stay awake long enough to have drugs then fall asleep again for 2 hours. Wednesday was slightly better eating more but caughing up gross stuff which makes your throat hurt more so its harder to eat. It's currently 3:45am and I am waiting for my next med session so I can try to sleep some more. I can breath better with my mouth so it makes me feel slightly happier. I will be really happy when they remove the splint in my nose.
Thanks for reading
Kind E-gards
Dale Stewart

No comments :

Post a Comment