Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Youtube Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Linkedin Australian Top 100 Blogs

Friday 15 January 2016

New Year, New Nose

New Year, New Nose
On Monday I will have the surgery, I have been on the waiting list for over a year to get some surgery done to my nose, I suffer from sleep apnea and if you don't know what that means is I basically stop breathing while sleeping. I had always had it and don't remember the last time I went to bed and felt like I actually slept for more than 5 hours straight. I did the sleep apnea test in 2012 but my doctor refused to send me as a public patient.


Someone I met since then is a Doctor so he organized me to go see the right people and after numerous tests I am finally going under the knife. So what I am getting done is a Septoplasty to straighten out my deviated septum (the bit in my nose is not straight). Then I will get a Bilateral Turbinoplasty which is where they remove some of the bones in between your nose and throat  to make it easier to breath. Lastly I will get a UPPP ( basically remove skin in the throat). Hopefully I will sleep better than drink less coffee.. We will have to wait and see. But I will get a week off work so I am happy about that.
Do you know anyone that has had this done?

Thank you for reading
Kind E-gards
Dale

No comments :

Post a Comment