Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Youtube Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Linkedin Australian Top 100 Blogs

Wednesday 22 November 2017

iWaki Cold Drip

iWaki Cold Drip

We bought a cold drip maker a few years ago in Japan and I put it in the cupboard and forgot about it, yesterday Kim made some Iced Tea and that reminded me of the Cold Drip Maker so I went and found it. The instructions are in Japanese so I did a quick Google and found a Video that said it was it was 40grams coffee to 450mills water. The infusion time should be about 12 hours.




 So I ground the coffee possibly a bit fine but it smelled amazing, I then poured some cold water in to start the infusion.


I let in infuse for a few minutes then I put the top chamber on it and poured cold water into it.



The whole process took about 4 hours and I did some more research which suggests using 370ml of cold water and about 80 grams of ice and that will slow the process down. I will try that in a few days.


The coffee had no bitterness to it but it was strong so I added some water to it.  I will get some filter beans on the weekend and give it another go.
Thanks for reading
Kind E-gards
Dale Stewart

No comments :

Post a Comment